STAYING CLOSED INSIDE, AND STAYING SAFE
THE PATIO IS OPEN!
IT’S PATIO TIME! Our new patio set up is designed for safe social distancing, and our customers really enjoy the new arrangement! Our separate, partitioned spaces are perfect for your gathering of up to 4 people for your visit, and our staff have new procedures in place with our face shields, extra cleaning protocols, and new contactless menu system! Tap our menu cards, and it will take you right to our menu online! Just installed, new Misters, to keep away the scorching heat and cool you down while you enjoy your visit outside!
Watch our new Patio Video, about keeping our customers safe during your visit with us:
View our new Patio Set Up on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qHiV4HDVELo
Watch our new Contactless Menu Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Yt-QWp2VxjQ
We will be asking for your patience and support as we follow new regulations, such as hand washing, sanitizing, more cleaning, and we will be asking for your contact information during your visit.
Here’s what’s New…
– Maximum 4 people per reservation.
– Call to Reserve, same-day reservations only, call after 12 pm to book, at 905 987 4200. No online reservations.
– We will hold your reservation for 15 minutes only.
– 90 Minute Reservations available. If you are late for your reservation, it will cut into your 90 minutes.
– Friday & Saturday, 1 – 11 pm
– Sunday to Thursday, 1 – 10 pm
We will accept walk-up customers if seating is available. Please use the front patio entrance only.
Takeout is now available to order during patio hours, and pick up is at our back window, at 119 King Ave. West, Newcastle.
We ask everyone to practice safe social distancing, and allow our staff the time to make your experience safe, and, enjoyable!
Stay tuned for our Patio Expansion, Coming Soon!
Cheers to Reopening, and See you Soon at The Old Newcastle House, and thank you for supporting Newcastle’s Best Patio!
- Friday & Saturday, 1 – 11 pm
- Sunday to Thursday, 1 – 10 pm
- Call to order, 905 987 4200, no online reservations.
- Pay by phone with debit or credit, now available.
- Add Beer & Wine to your Takeout order!
- VIEW OUR MENUS ONLINE AT: https://www.oldnewcastlehouse.com/menu/
COME OUT FOR A COOL TREAT AT NEWCASTLE DAIRY ICE CREAM:
The Old Newcastle House Taps & Grill located in the historic town of Newcastle Ontario offers a great spot to gather for travellers and neighbors alike, since 2009. Situated at the West end of Newcastle on King Avenue (Highway #2), the friendly atmosphere and great pub fare welcome you.
Enjoy our permanent outdoor patio from May to October. Our Patio is a very popular meeting place for people to gather for a great time out with family and friends. Our new addition, Newcastle Dairy Ice Cream, opens in our back lot from Spring to Fall.
What makes this the best pub to come back to? Our great service, excellent food and great atmosphere!
Our loyal customers return every week, and you don’t have to travel far from home to enjoy a good time out. Join us for Live Music on some Friday or Saturday Nights, and try our Weekly Specials and soak up an authentic pub right-in-your-neighbourhood atmosphere with a bit of Newcastle Heritage flair.
Watch our Social Media pages for updates on daily specials and upcoming events!
Book your Gatherings at The Old Newcastle House!
Currently, our dining room is closed during Covid-19, and we are taking reservations for parties of up to 4 on our Patio only.
Some Fun Facts about our first10 years at The Old Newcastle House:
How Many Caesars have we served in 10 years?
- All told, we have sold roughly 20 Caesars a day, or 7300 a year or 73,000 over a 10-year span!!!!!!!
- With all the trimmings, that’s 219,000 olives, 219,000 dashes of Worcestershire and Tabasco, 73,000 pickled asparagus spears, and a whopping 34,353 litres of the best Caesar mix around, Clamato!!!
How much Beer was been sold in 10 years…AMAZING!
- From 2009-2019 we have sold approximately 200,000 litres of beer! That’s the equivalent of approximately 3500 kegs or 5 full-size tanker trucks, and all those kegs stacked end to end is the equivalent of 7000 feet or 4 CN Towers…!!! Unbelievable!!!!! Not bad for a small town pub…Factoid provided by Kevin!
Introducing the Bird’s Nest
As part of our 10th anniversary, We were happy to recognize Lorraine & Phil Bird, from Wilmot Creek in Newcastle, with a special place at The Old Newcastle House Taps & Grill! Lorraine & Phil have been coming in every week, for 10 years, since day 1, way back in 2009. Lorraine & Phil love sitting at our table 14 (at the bottom of the stairs).
We have witnessed a few “Bird Attacks” over the years if anyone is occupying their nest! With that being said, we are honoured to rename table 14, “The Birds Nest”. Their unwavering support and friendship have been greatly appreciated!
The Leaning Area
The Leaning Area, located by the bar, has been created with a beautiful live edge finish and constructed in ash, by Marchant Custom Builds & Contracting Jeff Marchant!
The tree used for this project was harvested from a site on Beaver Street in Newcastle, and pays tribute to Mr. Karl Weyrich, the proprietor of Karl Weyrich Wood Specialties. His factory was located where the No Frills currently stands. An image of the factory is included on the top of this custom design! We were fortunate to find a matchbook from the 40s or 50s that bears his name as well.
This sturdy installation held up a few burly men and was the center of conversation at our recent St. Patrick’s Day Event!
Join us in celebrating #VillageofNewcastle history!